Purileaf is a cannabis processing company located in Niagara Falls, Canada, currently in the final stages of Canada's federal licensing process. Upon licensing, Purileaf will produce premium quality cannabis extracts, as well as highly specialized extract-based medicinal and recreational products.
We will capitalize on significant growth opportunities in the Canadian recreational and medicinal cannabis market by implementing targeted investments in production, technology, sales, and marketing.
Purileaf will aim to develop cutting edge products by bringing on industry experts with extensive cannabis processing capabilities and leveraging our team’s existing expertise in engineering and science. We support cross-functional learning and provide opportunities for employees to get involved in all aspects of our business. Based on our aggressive growth plan, there will be ample opportunity for career advancement within the production team and beyond.
We are seeking someone with several years of hands-on cannabis processing and product development experience, to act as an in-house Process and Product Development Lead. The successful candidate will be leading, advising and working with a dynamic team of cannabis processing specialists and technicians.
Expected start date – August 1, 2018; contract or full time. Must relocate to Niagara Falls, Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in development of novel extract-based products as a part of production team
- Assist with and perform production duties such as extraction (CO2, Ethanol, etc.), distillation and other pre- and post-processing steps
- Run analytical tests to ensure final products comply with specifications
- Maintain, service, and calibrate of all production equipment
- Lead production process improvement initiatives aimed at increasing yields, increasing purity, and decreasing overall cost of production
- Take active role in technology/process/strategy development
- Take part in development of novel cannabinoid isolation methods
- Maintain strict inventory control over starting materials, intermediate and final products
- Maintain batch production records in accordance with SOPs and work instructions
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific, technology, and market developments
- Collaborate with operations and marketing departments to ensure compliance with Health Canada regulations and FDA guidelines
- Follow all QA guidelines and SOPs to ensure products meet specifications
- Together with QA manager, ensure that production deviations from QA and GMP standards are promptly identified and acted upon
- Ensure compliance with written procedures for sampling, inspecting and testing of finished product
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in cannabinoid extraction, separation, purification, and enrichment, including running CO2and ethanol extraction processes, and producing non-psychoactive cannabinoids (NPACs)
- 2+ years of experience in creating and launching novel extract/concentrate-based products
- Experience in development of cannabis edibles products
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Experience in training cannabis production personnel
- Highly motivated with good working habits
- Interest and experience in fine-tuning production methodologies to increase yield/decrease cost
- Tech-savvy, with experience in equipment troubleshooting and maintenance
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in following SOPs and production protocols
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting
- Must undergo criminal background check
Salary + benefits + relocation expenses covered
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year