Due to continued growth we have 2nd Shift Packaging Packer Opportunities Forest Park!
_ Plenty of overtime available_
_ Free Dinner on-site Monday through Friday!_
_ Excellent Benefits!_
_ competitive wages_
_ Check out our sweet opportunities today!_
The Packer is responsible for packaging finished goods according to FCC quality standards; conducting visual quality checks; informing machine operator of equipment jams, etc.; and conforms to pallet patterns when applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Adheres to all FCC established GMP’s.
- Assembles cartons.
- Assists anytime the line is in a scrap mode.
- Assists in other facets of production as needed. Works at different workstations as production needs require.
- Perform production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, taping, labeling operations and sorting.
- Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to FCC safety methods.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Ensures a quality product through regular visual checks.
- If product is jammed in equipment, Packer is to immediately notify the Machine Operator to correct the problem. If trained, the Packer should take corrective action his/her self.
- Inspects materials, products, and containers at each step of packaging process.
- Packs special arrangements or selections of product.
- Responsible for proper packaging of all finished goods to achieve the best cosmetic presentation possible.
- Responsible for verifying and executing pallet patterns were applicable.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and keep up with the line speeds in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the production pace of other team members
- Ability to work scheduled shift.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Dependable and flexible when work is required in other facets of production.
- Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Capable of understanding time tracking objectives with the ability to swipe into orders and perform other objectives of the system.
- No prior experience or training needed.
- Promote teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
- Ensures compliance with AIB, SQF, and other relevant standards.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and the noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to occasionally, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and distance vision.
- May involve some repetitive motions.
Job Type: Full-time
- packer: 4 years (Preferred)
- food manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- palletizer: 4 years (Preferred)
- sorter: 4 years (Preferred)
- Labeling: 4 years (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)