We are looking for a talented individual to fill a Stocker position who will be able to receive product on our shipping docks, move the product to the appropriate shelves in our backroom and then distribute the product throughout the sales floor. The ideal candidate for this position has previous retail or warehouse experience, a strong eye for detail and is able to work well as part of a dynamic team.
A qualified applicant for this position will be able to:
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Design and set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered, replenished, or removed due to out of date or damaged merchandise.
- Answer customers' questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- Requisition merchandise from supplier based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand, or advertised specials.
- Keep the backroom organized and clean at all times.
This position is full time or part time with comparable pay.