The Inventory Control Associate is responsible for operating MHEs for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting. Computer data entry is required for receipts, shipments, and inventory maintenance. The Inventory Associate is responsible for assisting the supervisor/manager in ensuring the facility is in compliance with quality standards.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain accurate warehouse inventory
· Direct customer interface to answer questions and resolve issues
· Return material coming from customer to factory
· Transfer material to the appropriate area
· Relocate material to keep and maintain inventory range and locations
· Safe use of all equipment
· Function autonomously, reporting progress and issues to supervisor/management
· Follow company policies, guidelines, and procedures
· Maintain appropriate records and reports to ensure inventory control and security. Conduct physical inventory as required. Assist in conduct daily / monthly “in-house” cycle count when required, support shipping / receiving in locating missing items throughout facility.
· Perform safety audits per operation requirements. Report and correct any unsafe operations
· Participate in daily start-up and staff meetings as required. Assist supervision as needed.
· Use PC skills for e-mail and generating reports as required.
· Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system; to identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system; to initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels; to verify the implementation of solutions.
· Review/investigate issues with inbound and/or outbound functions including unloading, checking, orderly stacking, storing, order pulling, staging, labeling, and loading. Ship material to the factory upon client requests inventory. Notify management when procedures require updates.
· Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Perform housekeeping audits per operation requirements.
OTHER DUTIES (Site Specific)
- Assist leadership as needed.
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by the operation. Participate in established cross training matrix activities with the opportunity to improve their knowledge in multiple departments and be able to assist as a backup associate when the need may rise.
- Work overtime as dictated by business whether mandatory or voluntary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
· Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
· Able to operate MHE
· Must be able to work in unregulated temperatures within the warehouse during the warmer and colder months can range from mild to moderate
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
· Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Basic computer skills
· RF Scanners
· WMS functions
· English (reading, writing, verbal)
· Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing, and distributing client products.
· Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
· Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
· Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment.
· 1-3 years’ experience working in an inventory department
· 1-3 years forklift experience
· Current or prior MHE certification
· Handling/Fingering, Sitting
· Walking and Standing
Ability to Lift/Carry and Push/Pull
· 21-50 pounds
o Reach above shoulder, reach outward, squat, or kneel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lancaster, TX 75134: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please list the equipment you have operated in the past 6 months
- Inventory: 1 year (Required)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Required)
- Warehouse management system (WMS): 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person