For over 85 years, McBroom Industrial Services has been servicing industrial customers with superior innovation, repair services, and customer-focused attention. We are in search of new team member: PURCHASING – CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR
As our Purchasing/Customer Service Coordinator, your duties will center on responding to and initiating contact with industrial customers, suppliers, vendors, and our repair technicians on issues relating to the repair and sales of equipment such as industrial motors, precision spindles, transformers and other industrial equipment. Using online product catalogs and internet searches, database information, spreadsheets, manufacturer specifications, customer application data, and your daily and on-going experiences with similar equipment applications, the Coordinator will source and fulfill industrial customer requirements for new equipment and/or repair service needs. The Coordinator position reports to our Service Manager and is part of closely woven three person team, but you will interact daily with all company personnel including, but not limited to, the President, Service Manager, Repair Technicians and Shipping Manager. We have an immediate need to fill this full-time position, but intend to find just the right person.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prioritize and respond to a high volume of inquiries relating to orders and service requests
- Source, price and purchase all non-inventory parts for all departments
- Interface with repair techs in coordinating job flow and parts procurement through various stages of estimating and approval to meet targeted completion dates stages of estimating and approval to meet targeted completion dates
- Transcribe and email quotes prepared by managers to customers
- Inform sales representatives of all pertinent customer information and activity
- Follow up with customers on repair estimates submitted but not approved
- Experience in a role of sales support and/or purchasing where multi-tasking was the rule not the exception is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, with an emphasis on the ability to think on your feet in a concise but friendly and professional manner.
- Interest and ability to learn and to apply basic mechanical processes and electrical theory.
- Ebay and Amazon sourcing and buying experience highly desirable
- Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate their confidence and enthusiasm, and to share their adeptness at questioning, active listening, and analytical problem solving
- Proficient with Windows (Excel, Outlook, Word) and solid Internet search skills along with an ability to learn and master a custom software product.
- Superior math, keyboarding and organizational skills
- Good mechanical aptitude a plus
- Ability to positively contribute to the team environment
Two years of related customer service work preferably in an industrial setting working with parts, vendors, and purchasing related functions is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Indianapolis, IN (Preferred)