Private equity backed manufacturing company in the Hawthorne area is looking for an Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller to join their team a contract basis (with the strong potential to go perm).
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting for the company. Perform various accounting functions requiring knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Completes accurate and timely processing of financial transactions. Analyzes and reviews financial data. Prepares financial statements and reports for both internal and external customers. Works independently to meet goals and objectives. Reports to the VP of Accounting.
- Complete and Manage the activities in the G/L, A/R and A/P department
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of recurring general journal entries and related account reconciliation
- Oversee timely and accurate recording of bank transactions and payroll journals
- Prepare financials and budget statement consolidations
- Work on financial reporting for senior management
- Heavily involved in the AR/Cash Flow side of reporting
- Review monthly variance analysis and prepare commentary for Management
- Oversee the management of the actualized costing process, including payment tracking
- Complete Audit preparations
- Sales Tax Reconciliations and reporting
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- 5+ years of related professional experience in a financial/accounting function
- 2+ years of private company accounting experience required
- 3+ years in a leadership or managerial role of increasing responsibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Manufacturing/Cost accounting is not required for this role but is highly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast paced environment
- Must be an expert in Excel
- Ability to think through business issues and recommend solutions and improvements
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $45.00 /hour