Technician Job Description
- The purpose of this position is to perform the hands on work for MPW Facilities Support Services. This position provides the manpower for all Labor Support jobs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Arrives at work locations on time, demonstrates a considerate, friendly and constructive attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Performs “cleaning work” in an efficient and safe manner as directed by team leaders, supervisors or account manager including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring manual work and production equipment operates efficiently and at high quality
- Reporting problem areas to team leader
- Maintain work area in a clean, neat and orderly condition
- Complete daily summary information at shift end
- Submits process control related paperwork, shift logs, inventory reports to team leader upon request.
- Assists the team leader with on-the-job training of new hires and transfers when required.
- Keeps work area and break areas in the cleanest possible condition.
- Responsible for personal safety and helping to insure the safety of others in the team.
- Understands and adheres to all information located in the employee handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
- Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Being able to work safely and efficiently.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: