Assist a government client with all aspects of the federal government contracting life cycle by leveraging available resources to independently review, draft, and revise contracting and acquisition documentation, including guiding clients through the complex legislative and regulatory process. Leverage expertise in interpersonal work to make sound business judgments for handling multiple activities with a short turn-around time in a dynamic environment. Provide expert consulting guidance for all aspects of the federal government contracting life cycle, including pre-award acquisition planning, source selection support, and post-award contract administration for complex naval and DoD software and hardware intensive systems. Advise and guide clients on all matters of federal, DoD, and Navy pre- and post-award contracting procedures and policies. Analyze and review procurement request (PR) packages, including Acquisition Plans (APs), Acquisition Strategies (AS), Statements of Work (SOWs), Performance Work Statements (PWSs), Source Selection Plans (SSPs), Justification and Approvals (J&As), Determination and Finding (D&F), and the Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL), ensuring adequacy, consistency, and compliance with administrative, regulatory, and procedural requirements. Work well independently and as part of a team. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
- 1+ years of experience with reviewing, analyzing, and drafting documentation, including whitepapers, briefings, or reports
- Experience with the complete Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- 3+ years of experience with cradle to grave contract management, including procurement planning, pre-award documentation, post-award management and contracts administration, price and cost analyses, and closeout in a government or government support role preferred
- Experience with the Navy and DoD preferred
- Experience with providing expert contractual advice to a government client, including researching, analyzing, and interpreting complex acquisition rules and regulations and providing actionable recommendations to government clients, such as senior government executives preferred
- Experience with Navy contracting procedures and regulations
- Experience with preparing briefings and reports appropriate for senior government executives
- Knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and DoD 5000 series regulations and laws, executive orders, statutes, policies, principles of acquisition planning, and other requirements necessary to accomplish assigned duties
- Knowledge of the DoD Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Secret clearance
- MA, MS, MBA, or JD degree preferred
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level I or Level II in Contracts or Program Management, Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM), Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM), or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.