REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Medication Supervisor May report to Resident Care Director
REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift, pull, push, carry 40 pounds and to move about the community quickly in order to provide emergency assistance to residents. Physically and emotionally able to care for residents. Minimum 18 years of age. Preference may be given to Certified Nurses' Aide and candidates with previous experience in senior care.
- Is responsible for assisting residents in activities of daily living, to include ambulation, transferring, showering, personal hygiene, incontinence care, feeding, reminders, supervision.
- Is responsible for gathering and assisting residents in activities, conducting activities in groups or one-on-one with residents as requested.
- Responds to resident paging system in a timely manner.
- Is responsible for following instructions, both verbal and written, in providing daily care for
- Is responsible for working as a team with coworkers in providing assistance to residents.
- Is responsible for conducting daily tasks in a safe manner and for adhering to all safety procedures.
- Is responsible for attending in-services as requested.
- Is responsible for serving residents meals and for after-meal cleanup.
- Is responsible for assuring that resident rooms are clean and tidy throughout each day. Is responsible for resident and facility laundry, as instructed.
- Is responsible for assuring that facility common areas, e.g., living room, dining room, kitchen, shower rooms, laundry rooms, are clean and properly functioning.
- Is responsible for communicating needs to supervisor, e.g., broken or improperly functioning equipment, shortage of linens, etc.
- Is responsible for observing residents and reporting any concerns, e.g., skin breakdown, rash, behavioral change, speech change, change in appearance, etc., to supervisor.
- May not clock out until the relief for the next shift arrives. To do so would jeopardize the health and safety of the residents.
- Is responsible for adhering to posted schedule and maintaining acceptable attendance record. Is available to work days, times, or positions other than those scheduled as requested by the Resident Care Director or Executive Director.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time