We are a fast growing Vascular practice and are looking to hire additional qualified staff immediately.
Our Medical Assistant position is a well-rounded, non-exempt position responsible for daily clinic duties and providing our patients with excellent customer service. You are responsible for patient intake as well as ensuring all visit documentation meets appropriate medical and coding requirements.
- Basic understanding of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Certified Medical Assistant a plus
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a Medical Assistant or Clinical Assistant preferred
- Ability to type 40wpm
- Strong written, communication and computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal/ customer service skills
- Strong attention-to-detail skills
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Escorts patients from the waiting area to the exam room, verifying patient name, DOB, and body part being examined
- Interviews patients to obtain all pertinent information, including history of present illness. Enters all patient data into the EMR system, including medical history, surgical history, social history, medications and allergies
- Pull up patient charts and diagnostic studies on the exam room computers. Enters findings of diagnostic studies into the EMR
- Ensure proper room set up, specific to each provider’s preference
- Restocks all exam rooms, including injections, physician pamphlets, medical supplies, etc
- Cleans all exam rooms at the end of each clinic, which includes wiping down exam tables, changing all pillow covers, spraying down each room with Lysol, and ensuring all medical supplies are in the proper place and well stocked
- Draw up injections, as needed
- Remove sutures and staples and provide basic wound care
- Must have a good understanding of how to operate within the E clinical works system.
- Accompany provider to patient interview and examination, and transcribe the visit into the chart as directed by the provider, to include physical examination findings, procedures performed by the physician, and Ultrasound studies dictated by the provider
- Assist provider with in-office procedures such as Vein procedures, Sclero therapy injections, etc.
- Schedule patient appointments, when necessary
- Call in prescriptions per physician protocols
- Various other clerical/clinical duties as needed
Job Type: Full-time