Current Schnuck Teammates, click here to review and apply through your Workday account.
GROW WITH US!
Since 1939, growth and change have been the two constants at Schnucks. As our customers change, we change to meet their needs. As the neighborhoods we serve grow, we grow with them. Schnucks is a progressive, family-owned supermarket retailer with 100 stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin – all managed from our corporate headquarters in St. Louis.
This is not official job description, but represents major responsibilities a new hire can expect to perform. You could expect the position of store porter to include the following:
- Provide friendly and courteous service to customers
- Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Maintain floors - consisting of scrubbing with appropriate pads and chemicals, stripping, polishing, and re-glossing
- Operation of scrub machine and buffing machine
- Empty trash inside and outside the store
- Clean windows
- Clean break rooms, restrooms, and manager’s office
- Follow safety and sanitation procedures
- Prepare linens for laundry pick-up
- Change light bulbs
- Other duties will be assigned at the discretion of the store management
Training will be provided at store level.
Handling cleaning chemicals
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Working on feet entire shift (4-8hours)
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.