Associate Director (Public Relations) - Travel Divison
EVINS Communications, a boutique agency with an incredibleroster of clients within the travel, lifestyle, food, wine and spiritsindustries is currently looking for an Associate Director with strong ties tothe hotel industry to be a key organization leader in the travel division.Working closely with the Vice President, Travel, this individual would manage strategicoversight, media relations and creative planning for the Travel team. Candidatesmust have a minimum of six years of agency experience and a track record ofmanaging multiple account teams and mentoring staff. Critical to the role ispossessing relationships with core top tier travel media, the ability to leadand mentor junior staff, interface confidently with clients, and be able toexecute creative initiatives. In addition, the Associate Director must beexcited to contribute to the agency’s culture and growth and would derivefulfillment from helping junior staffers grow from new to thriving publicrelations professionals.
The Associate Director (AD) of the Travel Group will beresponsible for day-to-day media relations and account team oversight. The ADwill have responsibility for division development for all things strategicplanning, media relations, quality of account service, employee engagement/coaching,event planning and liaise with the partnerships team regularly. They will beresponsible for partnering with the Vice President, Travel, managing the overallaccount team performance as it relates to media results, client service andquality control on multiple sizeable pieces of business.
ADresponsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Ideate and execute strategic businessand media plans for Travel division
· Oversee event planning andimplementation and budgets consistent with client platforms
· Serve as day-to-day contact forclients
· Cultivate relationships with top-tierconsumer, business and trade press and actively pitch, mentor junior stafferson day-to-day pitching
· Set up media tours and press events
· Secure press meetings for clients
· Draft and proofread press releases, aswell as all media pitches
· Develop and manage comprehensive mediadatabases for clients, working with junior staff
· Identify and draft opportunities forclients
· Participate in new businesspresentations
· Effectively manage the team’s mediarelations efforts, acting as a coach, mentor and tactician day to day
· Monitor and identify trends/hot topics daily and apply themto client needs and programming to ensure top tier results
EVINS is an award-winning branding,marketing and communications agency, specializing in the development ofintegrated multi-platform programs and campaigns for icon, legacy and luxurybrands. Founded in 1987, EVINS has been consistently recognized for itscreative excellence, strategic planning and tactical execution. By forginglong-term client partnerships, EVINS makes a measurable, meaningful andconsequential contribution to the growth and success of its clients'businesses. For additional information, please visit our website (EVINS.com),or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $119,000.00 /year
This Company Describes Its Culture as: