The Customer Service Representative I is responsible for answering incoming calls from sales representatives, C & I distributors, retail customers, consumers as well as end users to provide product, service and warranty information along with sales support. The representative will resolve product and/or service problems in order to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Actively support the company’s culture and business mission by always putting TCP’s people and its customers first.
- Provide order information with regards to inventory status; order status, delivery status to sales representatives, customers/consumers.
- Answer technical questions with regards to product.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying customer’s complaint. Determine cause, explain best solution, expedite correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing duties and tasks as needed and on time.
- Work with area sales managers to meet the goals of the team.
- Work with shipping to expedite orders.
- Enters orders as needed or assigned.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Other responsibilities or projects assigned by manager
- 1-2 years prior experience in a customer service role with a proven track record in customer satisfaction
- Background in lighting or electrical knowledge a plus.
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be proficient on keyboard and with Microsoft computer applications
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (SKAs)
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Strong initiative, problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficient with Excel, Word, OnBase and Internet search.
- Flexibility – assignments, processes, and procedures can change as the business needs change.
- Able to work as part of a team, shares knowledge as needed and has the ability to work effectively together on the team to achieve departmental/organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Sitting for long periods of time, completing tasks using a computer and other office equipment.
- Position requires frequent talking, hearing, and vision with occasional standing, walking and reaching.
- May require lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Job position responsibilities are generally performed in a business office environment with computers, printers and phones.
Job Type: Full-time
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used: