Blue Mountain Therapy has an immediate need for a home health Occupational Therapist in the Virginia counties of Buchanan, Tazewell and Bland.
Other positions/locations also available.
Early Intervention certification a plus, but NOT required.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to functional status, activities of daily living, fine motor coordination, home assessments and adaptive equipment, and other occupational therapy needs as defined by medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Occupational Therapist helps to determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the healthcare team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members of the healthcare team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes to the agency at least twice weekly.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of care within state specific guidelines.
- Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per Blue Mountain policy.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
- Must be a graduate of an American Occupational Therapy Association approved occupational therapy program.
- Must have a current license to practice occupational therapy by Board of Occupational & Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Current CPR certification required.
- 1 year
- Previous home health experience preferred
Blue Mountain Therapy offers:
- Health Benefits
- Great Pay
- Mileage reimbursement or company car
- 401k with match
- Flexible time off
- 104 hours PTO Yearly for eligible employees
- 64 Holiday Paid Hours Yearly for eligible employees
About Blue Mountain Therapy: Blue Mountain Therapy provides therapy services in southwest Virginia and northeast Tennessee. Our services include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Early Intervention and Medical Social Work.
Considering PRN, part-time and full-time positions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time