Glassdoor users depend on our rich data in making their important career decisions. Our rich data spans from understanding our users, employers and jobs to provide the best and trusted experience throughout. Insights from our data drives our research efforts on job market trends, our commitment to close on #genderpaygap, and many other initiatives to transform entire industry through the power of transparency.
At Glassdoor, we depend on our rich data to make business decisions meaning it is a critical part of our business strategy. Our data teams are building a modern platform to power complex machine learning and analytics processing, while applying machine learning solutions for faster decision-making capability.
As VP of Data, you will drive Glassdoor's data strategy and set the vision for what best-in-class data looks like for Glassdoor. As our data leader in the company, you will work closely with business, product, and machine learning leaders to define data team roadmaps to shape our existing products and innovations on launching new products. Our ideal candidate would have strong background in leading data platform teams with technologies such as Hadoop and good understanding of business analytics.
- Set the vision and define the long-term strategy that will enable us to build best-in-class data functions at Glassdoor
- Define and own our data platform roadmap, leading the data engineering to build a foundation that enables us to democratize access to data and empower decision making and data products.
- Build and lead teams of Data Engineers and Data Scientists, who will support decision-making across the business
- Work with partner teams to derive insights from our data and find opportunities that can create step-function value for the business
- Train and educate internal partners on data access, reporting, and analysis tools
- Guide the leadership team on setting company-wide goals that inform and support our strategy
- Ensure data teams deliver with high quality and predictability
- 10+ years of data engineering experience with 5+ years of management experience. Experience with data analytics a plus
- Experience building data platforms for very large data that supports both data analytics, as well as data products that frequently use machine learning
- Strong background working with data technologies such as data transport pipelines (Kafka), Storage (NoSQL) and compute frameworks. Understands Performance Monitoring, Tracing, Alerting and Analytics.
- Strong analytical skills and business judgement. You should be able to identify ways in which your team can deliver higher quality analysis
- Understand how to organize data teams to meet the ever growing data demands of a scaling organization
- Familiarity with reporting and data user tools (Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, building strategy while executing tactics, including hands-on contributions
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision makers to drive impact
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Statistics or similar area. Master's and/or Doctoral degree preferred
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.