We are seeking a DevOps champion who will lead our dev team in automating everything. This is not a role for someone who just wants to do ‘DevOps’, this is a unique role to help make devops a part of our culture. Our Development team is creates and operates software in order to provide a world class customer experience. Your primary responsibility will be to continually improve the SDLC and help educate full stack developers around best practices and emerging techniques. You will also help collect and analyze metrics to ensure that we understand how our systems performances is impacting our customers and users. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Adhere to an agile methodology
- Implement and improve continuous integration systems
- Implement automated unit and integration tests runner
- Strive towards continuous deployment
- Translate lazy developer behaviors into self driving automations
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Code maintainability and clarity is desired over performance
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Operationally support the system for correctness of the business
- Experience with C# or Java is helpful
- Experience deploying on unix in a production setting
- Experience building and maintaining meaningful Continuous Integration systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres and/or Oracle
- Production Experience with Jenkins, Teamcity, or Codepipeline
- Production Experience with mocha, jUnit, tox or similar
- Production experience with either Azure or AWS
- Familiar with AWS, specifically SQS and Lambdas
- Familiar with AWS SDK and cli.
- Understanding of the devops ecosystem and best practices
- Familiar with functional programming concepts
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, Git and Github preferred
- 7 years as a professional software developer or sysadmin, 2 in devops
- Able to explain what DevOps means in less than 3 minutes
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again) , goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 50+ markets and growing fast , so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most . Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.