- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline
- Basic statistical knowledge.
- Experience performing tests to collect experimental data and performing statistical analysis and interpretation of results.
- Mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting experience.
- Willingness to prepare blood samples for testing (training will be provided).
Play a key role in the development of new medical devices as a Reliability Engineer in the Hardware Engineering R&D Reliability Engineering group. Provide hands-on, analytical, andreliability expertise to support engineering programs associated with the development of complex life science instruments. Work in a team environment to assess and improve productreliability throughout the design process. Manage reliability projects by implementing tests, analyzing data, assessing reliability risks, and reporting accurate information to stakeholders. Primary duties include the following:
- Plan and manage reliability programs on new R&D products.
- Prepare, setup, and execute system-level tests.
- Create and implement test plans to effectively mitigate risks in new product designs.
- Author and execute test plans and protocols.
- Record, organize, and manage large amounts of detailed test data.
- Methodically analyze test data and interpret results for critical reliability decision-making.
- Perform engineering and statistical analysis to drive continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of reliability fundamentals and basic understanding of reliability analysis (ie-life predictions, product life modeling, root cause analysis, environmental testing, accelerated testing, etc.)
- Problem solving experience in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience managing large sets of data using tools such as Minitab or Matlab. Experience with automation (labview, Arduino).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize test and measurement equipment.
- Technical writing for the preparation of protocols, plans and reports.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Reliability Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting: 3 years (Required)