A&P Mechanic will inspect, service and repair agricultural aircraft to ensure they are operating correctly and safely. A&P Mechanic will be responsible for ensuring that aircraft get regular maintenance and that any problems are fixed correctly. Mechanics will work on any/all parts for the aircraft.
Job duties will vary from preventative maintenance to repairs. The mechanic will make routine inspections, document inspections and repairs. Perform scheduled maintenance and run tests after making repairs or performing maintenance. Job duties vary based on which part of the aircraft is being worked on.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out maintenance on different components & accessories of the aircraft.
- Run regular maintenance tests and checks to ensure that all components are working to full capacity and that the aircraft is safe to fly.
- Install replacement parts on the aircraft which are faulty or damaged.
- Diagnose faults and fix them correctly and efficiently.
- Towing of Aircraft
- Hangar/shop upkeep and cleaning
- Working closely and efficiently with other team members.
- Comply with FAA regulatory requirements
Mechanic needs strong mechanical ability and skills. Mechanic will be required to solve mechanical problems quickly and must have the physical ability to move about when working on aircraft.
- Strong problem-solving skills – Mechanic should be able to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Detail oriented – Must have strong attention to detail to ensure that all aspects of the aircraft work properly.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Aviation regulations and manufacturers manuals.
- Possess adequate tools.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $48,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ulysses, KS 67880: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location