Community Outreach Group is seeking enthusiastic Field Organizers to serve in locations across the country. Field Organizers will engage volunteers and supporters in Planned Parenthood’s programs, build and strengthen local leadership, and support the long-term goals of the organization within a designated region.
Field Organizers will support the campaign plan within their assigned region by recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers in order to engage voters or constituents in conversations about the future. Each Field Organizer will be assigned goals for their region, and will be responsible for reaching those goals. If you can stay focused to complete a specific program, while remaining flexible enough to change tactics as needed, this job might be for you!
This is an entry-level role. In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in and lead campaign tactics such as phone banks, door-to-door canvasses, and community events such as house parties, town hall meetings, or street canvass teams.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers who will participate in campaign activities.
- Develop volunteer-led outreach teams.
- Break big goals into smaller ones, and learn to build a campaign plan to accomplish them.
- Conduct community outreach to generate public awareness and support for our issues.
- Develop relationships with key political players, opinion leaders, allied organizations and coalitions to build the base of support within the region.
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes
Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort meeting and talking with new people
- Effective communicator face-to-face and in writing
- Curious and excited around movement building, grassroots organizing, and volunteer management
- Excited to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work without being micro-managed
- Comfortable with technology, and can learn new tools quickly
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Licensed driver with access to a vehicle
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Can tell us about their experience meeting goals and deadlines
- Has set goals and deadlines for other people, and helped them meet those goals or deadlines
- Has organized before (as staff, intern, or volunteer)
- Brings a basic understanding of how campaigns choose goals, set strategy and identify activities
- Has strong ties in the city in which you are applying to work
- Brings some knowledge of or experience in reproductive health issues
- Knows how to use the VAN voter database software
- Knows how to use Excel
- Knows how to use Google email, documents, etc.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, entry-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $30,000 - $42,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
This is a short-term position with an expected end date of November 30, 2018.
Please apply online at www.knockdoors.org/jobs
We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, LGBTQ, and differently-abled people to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.