The Sr. Analyst Merchant Engagement will provide subject
matter expertise, project management and analytical support to curate / ongoing
support of Merchandising expectations to suppliers aligned by a department
ownership. Proficient merchandising knowledge base and or business process
expert to drive a project (either development or implementation), including
managing the expectations of the customer, the stakeholders and executive
management. Advocates best practices across the broader team. Strong cross
functional engagement driving management of each Merchandising expectation that
most closely aligns with the specific timetables and objectives and alignment
with Supplier Success Team.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 50% Work in collaboration with Merchants (Merchandising) to determine expectations of suppliers and cadence of expectations
- 30% Collaboration with key cross functional Supplier Success partner to communicate and implement proactive supplier engagement with merchants (merchandising)
- 20% Drive tool and support awareness to the broader merchandising organization including key metrics, tool enhancements and needs of merchandise to support teams
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Manager or Senior Manager Merchandise Mgt Systems
No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable
position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Strong analytical and communication skills
Minimum of 3 years project management, consulting experience preferably in a retail environment. At least 2 years of experience managing retail/merchandinsing process improvement projects. Cross functional project management experience within The Home Depot.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Prior experience in merchandising, planning and analysis
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate viewpoint to executive leadership and ability to write compelling executive level presentations
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams at all levels across a complex organization
- Ability to get results despite a large workload, competing demands and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands, adjust to change quickly and work constructively under pressure
- Ability to structure nebulous projects and to work constructively under tight deadlines
- Ability to influence peers and business partners without authority