Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4,000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking Diversity Recruiting Manager reporting to the Senior Director, Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development. This position will reside in either the San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Philadelphia or Chicago office and will be responsible for the overall planning, management and administration of diverse law student and lateral non-partner attorney recruiting, integration and development.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director of Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development and Regional Attorney Recruiting Senior Managers, Lateral Attorney Recruiting Manager and Director of Diversity and Inclusion to identify needs and develop and implement firmwide diversity recruiting strategy for both on campus and lateral hiring.
- Partners with Director of Diversity and Inclusion to ensure diversity recruiting plan is in alignment with firm’s overall diversity initiatives and business strategy.
- Works with Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Manager of Diversity and Inclusion to designs, develop and implement innovative diversity and inclusion outreach programs to support the firm’s strategic goals and bolster recruiting efforts and numbers of top diverse talent.
- Creates individual recruitment strategies including advertising plans, outreach and tracking in collaboration with local recruiting teams for specific positions, as needed.
- Sources a pool and builds pipelines of qualified candidates; fosters strong relationships and maintains frequent contact with candidates in person and via phone, email and social media.
- Tracks diversity recruiting metrics and provides data and reports as needed.
- Identifies and partners with law school affinity groups as well as professional organizations to bolster firm’s profile as a destination firm for diverse students and practicing lawyers; serves as primary contact for these organizations.
- Develops relationships with various search firms and works with local recruiters to negotiate fee agreements.
- Participates in diversity recruitment events and represents Morgan Lewis nationally.
- Provides training to hiring partners and committee members on diversity and inclusion recruiting and hiring strategies, including inclusion advocacy.
- Ensures compliance with firm’s hiring policies and practices and AAP guidelines.
- Monitors effectiveness of diversity recruiting strategy and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Performs general recruiting, application review and screening as necessary.
- Ensures the successful integration of all new diverse associates from orientation to assignment of mentors and buddies and continuing training and development.
- Works with firm and Local Hiring Partner(s), committees, Senior Director of Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development and Director of Diversity and Inclusion on initiatives, projects and assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; A J.D. or a graduate degree in Organizational Development strongly preferred but not required; and
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, two of which were in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The successful applicant will also have:
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- High energy; self-motivated; results oriented
- Confident manner; ability to establish credibility quickly
- Ability to work comfortably in a matrix organization
- Ability to deal positively with adversity and difficult situations
- Team player who can establish trust with all levels of personnel
- Excellent organizational skills; effective written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.