We are currently accepting applications for home delivery positions to deliver The Washington Post and additional publications. These publications are delivered in the overnight/early morning hours with all deliveries complete by 6:00 AM, 7 days per week. The successful applicant must have a reliable vehicle and will be self-motivated, honest, and dependable. The ability to read and communicate in English is required.
The successful applicant will be assigned to the same route/s every day to optimize their efficiency and knowledge of their assigned routes. The current routes available are in Gaithersburg & Rockville area and consist of single family homes, townhomes, and apartments. Applicant must pass a background check and live within 20-30 minutes of Rockville. This is a great opportunity to earn additional income while working in the early morning, which leaves the rest of your day free.
*Serious inquiries only. Email to arrange an interview day and time. Interviews are conducted at our Rockville distribution center at night.
**Make certain to complete the Delivery Driver Assessment associated with this ad prior to submitting your application. Applications without employment history and an incomplete delivery drivers assessment will not be considered or acknowledged.**
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Night shift