We are currently looking for an Entry Level Project Designer within the telecommunications industry to help us broaden our company and continue to grow.
Job Description (Project Designer)
As a Project Designer, you will find yourself discussing a particular design with the engineering team, Following your team leader’s instructions for developing a design, working from a computer model of the item or changing detailed diagrams so they can be more easily followed.
As you work part of a team with other designers and Engineers/Architects, with each member assigned a separate area of a project under the supervision of a design lead.
You’ll be working at a day-to-day level of individual projects. You will be designing Cell Tower Sites as well as other Commercial and Residential Projects. Depending on your experience level, you may also be engaged in mentoring and training others as well as programming AutoLisp.
- Perform the Civil and/or Architectural Design for Wireless Telecommunications sites such as:
- Raw Land Cell Towers
- Read, Analyze & Understand the specific project scope of work
- The existing electrical power and proposed power requirements
- Identify any potential space constraints/challenges and develop a solution for the site layout
- Identify any potential structural constraints/challenges and escalate to the Project Manager
- Work with the project Manager to mentor and collaborate with other designer team members
- Attend & Perform site walks with the project manager and the customer whenever needed
- Perform structural mappings on rooftops and take measurements on sites and collect data from the field sufficient to perform the designs in the office side.
- Perform site audits
- Ability to be flexible enough to travel out of Illinois state is not a requirement but is considered a plus.
- basic grasp of engineering drawings and principles, and understand the qualities of metals as well as other materials
- Good communications, numeracy and Computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team while also having plenty of your own initiative
- Problem solving and a desire to come up with practical solutions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in any Engineering field or Degree in Architecture plus
- AutoCAD Certificate plus
- Self Starter and highly motivated
- Proficient in AutoCAD is a must!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, ETC.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency; we are a fast paced environment
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical
- Dental & Vision Plan
- 401(K) with 100% company matching
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19