In your role as IT Specialist, you will provide Service Desk support of IT services. This includes customer service, and support tracking documentation of IT services to include requests related to laptops and desktops, mobile devices, software installations, networking, and application support.
- Provide desktop and computing support, train users, and diagnose / investigate problems
- Apply software and Hardware upgrades/security patches
- Printer/Copier support and Administration
- Shipping equipment installation and support
- Administration and support of Security camera systems
- Category 5/6 Cable management and rack installations
- Administration of Shortel VOIP phone system
- Office 365 user support and installations
- WebEx Teleconferencing support and Administration
- Office Wireless system support and administration
- Associates degree in Computer Science, or related major or commensurate work experience
- 3+ years working level experience in PC and user support
- 2+ years working experience in Network cable management and installations
- 2+ years working experience with Microsoft office applications
- 1+ years working experience working in Network environments
- Basic understanding of Switches, routers and TCP /IP networking
- Advanced knowledge of PC support and Software installations
- Advanced knowledge working with CAT 5/6 cabling, and cable management installations
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of securing Window 7 and 10
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Supporting end users in an Office Environment
- Moderate knowledge of current networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet)
- Security Certifications preferred but not limited to: o A+ o Microsoft
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed-upon timelines
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving /analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create/define metrics that accurately reflect the desktop landscape
- Deliver projects on time, and within budget
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Required to respond to off hour emergencies. Availability to work nights and weekends as required for system maintenance and support.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirement includes occasional lifting /carrying of IT equipment up to 70 lbs.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and networking/security equipment
- Be subjected to reaching, walking, twisting, and keeling to perform the essential job functions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Network Cable Management: 2 years (Required)
- PC and user support: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement