The role of Kitchen and Facilities Assistant is a crucial part of our Operations team focusing on our food offerings and catering support. As the point person in our back office, you will report to our Operations Manager while partnering closely with the Front Desk team.
The work you'll do
- Kitchen maintenance: making coffee for staff, keeping the kitchen clean, well- stocked, and clutter free; loading and unloading dishwashers
- Groceries: maintain a well stocked kitchen with enough groceries for our employees.
- Meals: plan and execute our daily breakfast and lunch offerings and once weekly catered lunch
- Organization: always keeping up with inventory in the catering room and in the kitchen to ensure we’re always fully stocked.
- Catering/Event planning: work alongside the team members to plan and execute any food/beverage needs for client or internal meetings
- Customer service: greeting clients and assisting them in the kitchen as needed.
- Beverages: making coffee for employees and meetings; manage our stock of soda, beer and wine
- Janitorial supplies: ensure the maintenance closet and bathroom cabinets are well stocked.
- Furniture moving assistance: during meeting setup and breakdown-move tables, chairs, and other pieces of furniture in the office.
- Janitorial maintenance: collect confidential materials from shred bins throughout the office into the larger bins, never letting the smaller bins overflow
- Operations meetings: Attend weekly team meeting to understand upcoming support needs.
- BA/BS degree preferred; AA degree plus creative agency experience also acceptable.
- At least two years of restaurant, catering and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- A California Food Handler’s card is required to do this job. If you are not certified, SYP will reimburse the cost of the online course.
- Prioritization, organization, and multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- A lot of time will be spent standing, bending, and reaching so maintaining an appropriate health and energy level is essential.
Job Type: Temporary
- Restaurant/Hospitality: 2 years