Position Regional Sales Manager
Reports to President
Travel 50% travel with overnight stays
Develop sales team in North and South Carolina which will deliver targeted sales goals. This is done through outstanding people, leadership (hiring A players, coaching and training), teamwork (with internal and external stakeholders) and driving a well-orchestrated Sales Processes and Opportunity Pipelines. Envisions and develops appropriate value-added services to drive retention, wallet share and acquisition of customers.
- Drive margin dollar growth per year in designated region.
- Recruiting, on-boarding, developing and delivering training for staff
- 70% of time spent on ride-along coaching with sales team in the field.
- Develop and maintain effective commission and compensation systems for sales team.
- Working closely with supplier partners to ensure delivery of value-added technical support to our end user customers and strong relationship with our sales force.
- Close partnering with Travers inside support teams, Product Management and Marketing to ensure organizational commitment to customer requirements.
- Development of material to support sales process including agreements, letters, leave-behinds, sales training tools.
Specific Measures of Success – Expected Outcomes
· By end of 2019 have hired field sales rep for Charleston and for Columbia/Greenville South
· By end of Q.2 2020 to have added 2 field sales reps in NC
· Develop a 3 and 5 year sales strategy plan for the region
· Deliver sales and margin revenue growth for the region
· By end of Q.1 2020 to have built an active monthly opportunity pipeline
- At least 5 years in face to face sales management role in distribution in metalworking or related industries
- Proven history of recruiting, hiring and training top talent.
- Vision to develop and execute sales strategies
- Track record of meeting sales objectives 90% of time throughout career. Top performer.
- Staying Power, Resilience and Positive Attitude
- Collaborative mindset, ability to work in a team environment as this role will interact closely with marketing, inside sales, other sales channels and operations.
- Excellent judgement, integrity and a sense of what is best for the overall business.
Job Type: Full-time
- selling, buying, or recommending metalworking tools: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement