Counseling Specialist IV (S00993P)
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Some evenings may be required.
External and Internal
Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience
Funding expected to continue
To provide advanced professional counseling skills in the field of social work. Responsible for utilizing specialized skills to counsel students and other clients with complex personal, educational, vocational, or related problems. Responsible for coordinating outreach services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Counsels individually as well as in groups; formulates and diagnoses individual problems and suggests remedial treatment; Assists clients with complex career, personal, social and walk-in counseling. Serves as Counselor on Duty (COD) providing urgent assessment and intervention for students with complex academic, developmental and bio-psychosocial distress.
2. Develops and facilitates a variety of outreach activities including groups, workshops and campus screening sessions.
3. Assist with the development of marketing materials including brochures and website updates.
4. Assists Director and Assistant Director with the development of comprehensive mental health services focused on prevention and education.
5. Clinical documentation and record keeping
Master’s degree or equivalent in social work, sociology, clinical or counseling psychology, or counseling and guidance. Three years of experience in a special counseling setting or the equivalent experience. Licensed Mental health Provider.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: If no high school diploma or GED, list highest grade completed; If some college or college degree, list school name, degree type, major.