Job Title: Software Development Project Manager
Dept: Web Development
Reports to: CTO
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Date: May 2018
About Digital Trends:
Digital Trends is a technology/lifestyle media outlet based in Portland, Oregon. We cover anything and everything in technology -- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the way you live”
The Project Manager will manage the development projects for digitaltrends.com. They will lead the design and dev teams through planning, execution, and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budget. The Project Manager defines the project’s objectives and oversees quality control throughout its life cycle, ultimately responsible for the success of the project.
- Able to handle multiple projects and perform under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects using either Waterfall or Agile methodology.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables with the Project Stakeholders.
- Understand the business value projects bring to Digital Trends, and engage with project team members to understand their specific roles and contributions.
- Develop project plans and lead the project team to meet the defined timelines.
- Track project deliverables, tasks and stories using appropriate tools, by using tools like Trello, Jira and Excel.
- Manage resource allocation as the project progresses.
- Continuously monitor and report progress of projects with effective communication to all stakeholders.
- Mitigate project risks, roadblocks and scope creep
- Demonstrates a Strategic mindset; understanding how projects are impacting other work being done within the organization.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Lead the evaluation of completed projects, retrospectives and assessment of results.
- Pursue learning and personal development activities
- Build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of staff, technical and non-technical.
- 3+ years of management experience, leading a development team
- 5+ years’ of experience with hands-on software development
- UX/UI experience – ability to spot problems with design
- Experience with Software development project life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Design tools(Sketch, Zeppelin, Adobe Suite, etc)
- Experience with Agile methodology (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Certified SCRUM master is a pluss
- Experience with Ticket tracking systems (Atlassian Jira/Portfolio, etc)
- Understanding of online technologies and development processes
- Superb attention to detail and quality control
- Outstanding organization and time management
- Excellent communication and experience communicating to Leadership
- Must be a tech savvy individual who has a high degree of adaptability to adjust quickly to change and priorities.
- This job operates in an office environment. This role primarily uses a computer for the completion of work.
- This is largely a sedentary role. The employee is frequently required to use a keyboard and to sit for long periods of time.
What’s in it for you:
- Company paid Tri-Met pass
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid parental leave, generous PTO package, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability offered.
- Fun working environment to include the following in-office amenities: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen tvs, bike racks, shower in-office, laundry machines in-office (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen to include dishes and some food and much more!
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter & take the CVI quiz(required) here: http://erep.com/e/40504/
Job Type: Full-time