*Must provide contact information at the top of the resume for consideration*
As a brand ambassador, the Assistant Fitness Manager (AFM) represents 24 Hour Fitness by delivering a positive fitness experience and quality personal training sessions leading to member retention and client acquisition and retention while also helping manage and develop the club’s Personal Trainers (PTs).
- Assisting the Fitness Manager (FM) and/or Club Manager (CM) in leading, training and developing a team of PTs while executing 24 Hour Fitness business processes that bring to life our mission “ To Change People’s Lives Through Fitness.”
- Executing the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise; contributing to running a Clean, Friendly and Well Maintained club.
- Upholding 24 Hour Fitness’ core values of ACHIEVE: Accountability, Connected, High Expectations, Integrity, Energize, Versatility, and Enjoy What You Do.__
- Helping make our clubs Easy to Use by assisting members and clients with education and guidance on comprehensive fitness programs including resistance and cardiorespiratory training, general nutritional guidelines, and nutritional product recommendations.
- Meeting/exceeding minimum monthly company expectations including session service targets resulting in PT revenue and contributing to club success.
- Training exclusively at 24 Hour Fitness. As a 24 Hour Fitness team member, it is a violation of our conflict of interest policy to conduct personal training sessions or perform any personal training-related duties independently or at any company outside of 24 Hour Fitness. This includes working as an employee or independent contractor for another health club personal training studio or private residence or engaging in any other activities that represent a conflict of interest for 24 Hour Fitness .
Span of Control/Organizational Relationship/People Management
Reports to the Fitness Manager (FM) or Club Manager (CM), depending on club size and market.
Job scope: 1 Club.
This position directly or indirectly supervises the Personal Trainers (PTs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The AFM is responsible for performing the following activities for the club:
Service and Train Clients [70% of time]
- Create an outstanding initial personal training experience for introductory package clients by executing the 3-session guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients’ goals that include appropriate exercise selection and teaching a fitness lifestyle.
- Provide general nutritional information.
- Inform clients of the fitness tools available to assist them in achieving their goals.
- Set expectations and hold clients accountable to their comprehensive fitness programs through goal setting, follow up discussions, and tracking progress.
- Demonstrate safe and proper exercise technique to clients.
- Arrive on time, prepared, enthusiastic, and attentive for every training appointment.
PT Staffing, Training, and Performance Management [10% of time]
Assist FM and/or CM in leading, training and developing a team of qualified and professional trainers who are fully engaged and align with the company values and goals. To achieve this objective, the AFM will assist with the following:
o Participate in PT selection by reviewing applications, interviewing and making hiring recommendations to the FM
o Ensure the Fitness Department is appropriately staffed to meet business needs.
o Develop PTs to deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients’ goals that include appropriate exercise
selection and teaching a fitness lifestyle.
- Performance Management/Development
o Manage PT performance through behavior observation, coaching, and creating a can-do work environment.
o Participate in or conduct weekly meetings with PTs to review performance and offer direction, inspiration, and guidance toward achieving individual and club goals.
o Along with the PT, assist in setting monthly, weekly and daily targets .
o Provide assistance to the CM/FM on managing the PT schedule within budgeted hours and/or business demands.
o Meet with CM/FM to review group and individual performance.
Service Members [10% of time]
- Instruct members on proper use of club equipment and exercise techniques.
- Assist, at the club management’s request, in any member service activities (e.g., fitness seminars, boot camps, body fat tables, etc.).
- Understand all aspects and benefits of the Fitness Orientation and deliver a positive fitness experience to members and guests.
- Help deliver on the Service Promise of Clean, Friendly, and Well Maintained Club ( e.g., racking weights and assisting in maintaining a neat, organized and clean club).
Administration/Misc. [10% of time]
- Design comprehensive fitness programs using company-provided tools.
- Create, maintain, and regularly update folders for each personal training client, following company guidelines.
- Schedule all personal training sessions, other appointments, and administration time using company systems.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of Personal Training techniques from assessment to program design.
- Knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to generate, maintain and demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Possess a strong customer service focus. Responds professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members and staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience operating office equipment such as computers, calculators, fax and photocopiers. Must be computer proficient with basic skills in Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Adjust and operate fitness equipment.
- Ability to perform a variety of exercise routines.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
Certifications / Educational Level:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- National Certification (one or more of the following certifications)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- -Certified Personal Trainer
- -Health Fitness Specialist
- -Clinical Exercise Specialist
- -Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- -Cancer Exercise Trainer
- -Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- -Personal Trainer Certification
- -Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant Certification
- -Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist
- The Cooper Institute – Certified Personal Trainer
- International Fitness Professionals Association (IFPA)
- -Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
- -Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer
- -Master Personal Fitness Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) – Certified Personal Trainer
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) – Personal Trainer
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) – Personal Fitness Trainer
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) – Personal Trainer
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- -Certified Personal Trainer
- -Certified Strength and Conditional Specialist
- World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S) – Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing
- While performing the duties of this job the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud.
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,500.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page: