Are you looking for an excellent leadership opportunity with a leader in the transportation industry Are you seeking a challenge that you can apply your talents to If so, our Driver Manager position at our Langhorne, PA facility could be the fit you are looking for!
DLI offers a diversity of services, including tractor and trailer leasing, freight brokerage, warehousing, fleet management and logistics, and transportation consulting, which allows us to meet virtually any customer need. And in each category, we have developed a highly respected reputation for our innovative industry leadership and proactive customer service. In fact, DLI is currently in the top five percent of carriers in the nation with more than 900 employees serving more than 150 customers.
DLI prides itself on being committed to a core set of values. Our value system consists of Safety, Integrity, Respect, Quality, and Service with Safety being our number one priority among our values.
Safety – Safety should never be sacrificed for any reason. Safety is the number one priority at all times.
Integrity - All employees should demonstrate honesty, take personal responsibility, and give credit where credit is due.
Respect - Treating others like you would want to be treated.
Quality - Our commitment is to provide resources and training to result in superior quality.
Service - Service is our foundation. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations and find creative solutions to solve problems.
We seek employees that match our values and will exemplify these values every day. If you are interested in joining our team, we invite you to apply.
As the Driver Manager in Langhorne, PA you would be responsible for the complete operational oversight and leadership of the evening/night shift which includes supervision of commercial truck drivers who deliver freight. This position will provide the opportunity to apply your excellent leadership and customer service experience to a significantly sized operation.
To be successful in this position, you would need to demonstrate:
In this position, some of your main responsibilities would be:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service
- The ability to deal with ambiguity
- Decisiveness and ability to make decisions
- The ability to manage processes
- The ability to motivate and direct others
- Flexible schedules to accommodate dealer visits, driver ride-alongs, driver and staff training, etc.
We prefer the following minimum qualifications:
- Supervision of staff including drivers and a team of dispatchers to ensure driver and route monitoring
- Responsible for achieving on time initiative / on time departure / on time delivery goals
- Improve customer relations and support
- Team leadership
- Audit driver / customer paperwork to correct potential errors
- Maintain quality and create quality initiatives
- Daily communication
- Available hours Monday - Friday 6:00am - 4:00pm
- Some travel will be required for this position
- 1-2 years transportation supervisory experience including supervising commercial truck drivers and dock personnel
- Computer skills must include word and excel
- Demonstrate a track record of meeting and exceeding goals in previous positions
- Excellent customer service and employee relations skills
- Experience in a union setting preferred not required
- CDL-A license preferred NOT REQUIRED
If you thrive on a fast pace and getting things done right, and have excellent skills at taking care of customers and managing employees, apply your talents to a great opportunity.