Who we are
23andMe's mission is to help individuals and researchers access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to help turn genetic insight into better health.
Who you are
You are excited by the opportunity to drive new scientific discovery at an unprecedented rate, leveraging 23andMe's unrivaled set of data. You not only imagine the potential that Big Data, Big Studies, and Big Computation can bring to biomedicine but also want to directly participate in realizing that potential. You understand that research studies rely on robust patient populations - and the tools that allow researchers to identify, recruit, manage, and analyze those populations. You are comfortable collaborating with researchers and data scientists to distill their objectives and understand their pain points and appreciate the power of bringing efficiency and scale to their research. You are proactive and can work independently but thrive on coordinating and working in teams. Above all, like us, you are mission-driven and want to contribute to something that truly impacts lives.
What you'll do
- Define the roadmap for the products and tools that serve 23andMe's internal and external researchers
- Collaborate with researchers to optimize the workflows around identifying, recruiting, managing, and analyzing patient populations
- Distill researcher needs to prioritize problems and define appropriate solutions
- Work with Design and Engineering to prioritize, plan, and execute on projects
- Identify scalable solutions, including data transfer to external customers, that allows us to execute on partnerships on time
- Define success metrics and analyze outcomes to improve processes and portfolio strategy
- Communicate requirements, plans, and project status within teams and throughout the organization, as well as with partners
We hope you have
- 5+ years software product management experience
- Experience participating in and/or managing biological research projects, and executing toward deadlines
- Success communicating across scientific, technical and business audiences
- Familiarity with software and product development frameworks, agile workflows, and APIs
- Bachelor's degree in the life sciences, engineering or technical field
- Advanced degree in life sciences, engineering, or business
- Previous experience conducting data-based genetics research
- Familiarity with bioinformatics pipelines or genetic data
- Experience working within data privacy and compliance constraints
- Experience working in a regulated medical device environment
- Familiarity with UX and Information Architecture best practices
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its "50 Smartest Companies, 2017" list, and named one of Fast Company's "25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017". 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com ( https://www.23andme.com/ ).
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.