School Van Driver - Daniel Boone School District
We have extended our $1,000 Sign on Bonus if Hired by July 10th!
Join the Krise Team as a School Van Driver. We provide free training and have an inclusive, family-focused workplace where drivers are treated with respect and appreciated!
\* Must have a satisfactory driving history and meet company standards for an acceptable motor vehicle record
\* Must have a satisfactory criminal history and child abuse history checks as required by law and the Pennsylvania Department of Education;
\* Must have appropriate inoculations and tuberculosis testing as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education;
All applicants must participate in a “pre drug test screening” and a random testing program throughout the term of employment
\* Must take and pass an annual physical
\* Must have current PA Driver License for a minimum of two (2) years
Definition: A van driver is a person who, under the supervision of a manager, supervisor, dispatcher or trainer, operates a van or bus over designated routes transporting school pupils, or clients to and from school or other locations.
- Drive a van daily over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading pupils or clients at designated locations and schools.
- Perform pre and post-trip safety inspections of the vehicle being driven to ensure it is in proper working order.
- Perform a child check immediately after each run.
- Maintain good order and discipline among school pupils or clients.
- Follow company policies regarding pupil/client management and relations with parents, teachers, guardians, medical practitioners, medical facilities, and the public in general.
- As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, verify route turn for turn sheets and note any route changes with written notes.
- As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, make additional directional or landmark notations on route sheets to assist future new or substitute drivers.
- As requested by the Operations Manager or Dispatcher, observe and track route timing, such as total time en-route; time between stops; loading and unloading times or any other requested information for the purpose of establishing route efficiency
- Keep records and submit reports as required.
- Sweep, clean and refuel vehicle.
- Report all mechanical deficiencies promptly.
- Instruct students on safe riding classes and perform evacuation drills as directed.
- Comply with the Dress Code and all other rules/regulations of the Contractor’s Employee Handbook
- All other duties as assigned.
\* Pay: $13.65 - $15.75 per hour
\* DAILY SAFETY AND ATTENDANCE BONUS
\* ANNUAL BONUS
\* Company Paid Life Insurance ($15,000)
\* Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Job Type: Part-time
We disinfect vehicles daily, provide face mask and hand sanitizer. Social distancing is practiced when assigning students.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.65 - $15.75 per hour
- Van driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal Transportation Drivers: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location