Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL), Government Services Division, seeks a talented individual for a Power System Engineer position. Join our dynamic team in support of our US Government customers and contracts. U.S. Citizenship and Active Security clearance are required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possess, understand and apply knowledge and experience of power technologies and their applications, settings, and testing to complete complex assignments.
2. Assist engineers in research and the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
3. Analyze competitor products and other power systems technologies.
4. Participate in the development of application notes, white papers, technical reports, and conference and journal papers on innovative applications or ideas.
5. Protect SEL intellectual property by writing patent and copyright applications.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related, or equivalent experience
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active U.S. Security clearance
- Knowledge in one of the following areas:
- -- Power system analysis, power system protection, and power system stability
- -- Electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology.
- -- Electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- -- Experience with EMTP, load flow, and short circuit studies
- -- Experience with digital signal processing
- -- Working knowledge of ATP, MATLAB, Python, C++, or other programs used for electrical transient analysis
- Demonstrated excellent writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
View More Details:
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pullman, WA 99163 (Required)
- This position requires US citizenship. Are you a US citizen?
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Company's Facebook page: