The Intersect Group is seeking an Advanced Metering System (AMS) Application Specialist for our client in Dallas, Texas. The AMS Application Specialist will be responsible for generating, compiling, dispersing, and analyzing the client’s Smart Grid system performance data associated with various communications networks such as the Gridstream RF Mesh.
- Develop and maintain responsibility of the enterprise-architecture technology roadmap that defines the architecture and execution strategy for AMS and supporting or interfacing systems.
- Coordinate with various teams (Mesh Network, Applications, and Integration) and analyze requirements.
- Develop solutions for various components (Managed Networks, Advanced Security Technology) and recommend changes for Oncor applications.
- Design architecture for various different components and validate tools associated to AMS.
- Participate in architectural meetings and analyze all technical requirements for AMS applications.
- Review infrastructure for any issues or new projects and recommend solutions.
- Establish an architectural methodology and apply it to all deliverables.
- Monitor application performance and health metrics and ensure an agile and devops focused implementation of solutions where applicable.
- Develop architectural principles and standards for various IT groups, with a focus on AMS applications and tools.
- Evaluate and assist with drafting requirements, design, test, and as-built documentation and record observations.
- Coordinate with architects and analysts and maintain technical knowledge.
- Ensure compliance with IT Smart Grid Communications architecture, policies, and processes including change and incident management procedures.
- Perform data analysis as well as aggregate and generate reports as needed to serve as an overall network health report and identify correlations between independent issues.
- Interact with business partners, peers, vendors, and service providers for both routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and project related activities.
- Apply critical thinking skills in order to develop custom and cost efficient solutions for the AMS platform.
- Bachelor’s degree or two to four years of application support with a focus on data analytics in the utilities industry
- Extensive knowledge of RF Mesh Networks, AMS Headend and MDM Applications
- Extensive knowledge of products/technologies such as Oracle databases, SQL, programming languages (C, C++, Visual Basic, HTML, JAVA, COGNOS), Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Google Earth and Tableau
- Preferred experience with customer information systems, meter management systems, integration technologies, distribution/transmission information systems, and other applications used in the utility industry