Summary of Position_________________________________________________________
Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties to include but not limited to, communication with clients and potential clients, Service order writing, Answering phone calls, ordering parts, receiving parts, inventory management and control of parts and company tools, maintaining relations with vendors and subcontractors, assisting marine technicians with repairs and parts research, maintaining cleanliness of facilities and all other aspects of operations as it pertains to the day to day operations. Assist Service Manager in all aspects of service department management.
- Assist Service Manager in maintaining SOP in current order.
- Answers phone calls for service and assist in getting work orders written.
- Orders parts from vendors, check in the parts upon arrival and maintains inventory control over all parts and equipment.
- Maintains public areas of service department and surrounding area as specified by Service Manager.
- Maintains logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
- Maintains and repairs a variety of hand and power tools ensuring they are in safe and efficient working order.
- Inventories and requests and or purchases equipment and supplies with approval of Service manager.
- Responds to call-outs and emergencies such as floods, fallen trees and other hazards.
- Work closely with Service manager to assist in getting all work orders to completion.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Maintains marina and service equipment on a scheduled routine.
- Ensure prompt, safe, positive and courteous service to all marina customers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all agencies, contractors, vendors and customers.
- Coordinate personnel performance reviews and make recommendations to Service Manager in with regard to promotions, disciplinary actions and/or terminations as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Service Manager for any repairs required or improvements needed.
- Attend and participate in company meetings as scheduled.
- High school diploma or GED and one year of assignment-related operations experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as described above.
- Carry a current State of Texas Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Basic Boat repair and maintenance techniques and practices.
- Safe work practices and policies.
- Safe driving rules and practices.
- Basic shop arithmetic.
- Operation and minor maintenance of a variety of hand and power tools, vehicles and power equipment.
- Safety equipment and practices related to the work, including the handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Performing basic repair and maintenance activities.
- Understanding and following oral and written directions.
- Working independently or in a team situation.
- Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Lifts and moves materials and equipment weighing up to 60 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
- Must be available for regular standby assignments and work scheduled off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work different shifts and scheduled shifts including weekends.
- Basic phone skills.
- Advanced computer skills including working knowledge of major software programs.
- Ability to swim and basic CPR/First Aid training.
- Inventory control.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- boating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift