Total Western, Inc provides multi-disciplined construction, maintenance and related specialty services through dedicated people. Our capabilities include electrical, civil, mechanical construction and maintenance, energy solution, boilers, and project management. We service clients such as energy and power companies, oil and refining, food companies, and others. We have 5 locations across the Western US: Washington, Central California, Northern California, Nevada, and Southern California. Visit our website at Total-Western.com for more information about us and apply.
Total Western is currently seeking a Rig Welderto work at our Southern California Region located in Paramount, Ca.
The qualifications of this role are:
- Must be LA CITY CERTIFIED
- 20hr RSO
- Minimum 3 years welding experience in power plants and refineries preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of various welding codes, specification, techniques and methods
- Must be familiar with properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques
- Must pass pre-employment welding skills test consisting of two coupons:
- Must possess a current, valid California Driver’s License and comply with TWI Driver’s Policy.
- Must possess, if rig welding, a truck mounted portable welding machine and typical tools used in performing welding installation and repairs.
- Must be able to meet entry requirements for customer work site. This could include but not be limited to: passing skills tests, background checks, written tests and drug and alcohol tests.
- Regular and on time attendants at work is required for including overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends; 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for fabrication and installation of piping, removing, and installing of process equipment.
- Understand, communicate and enforce Total-Western, Inc. PASS Program.
- Participate in team meetings and safety meetings.
- Read and understand plans and specifications, including isometric and orthographic drawings. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
Total-Western is a dynamic place to work. We hire dedicated people. We invite you to explore the opportunities waiting for you. Apply by visiting our office in person. All applicants will need to pass a qualification test and post offer drug/alcohol screening prior to being placed on a job assignment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.00 to $35.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Certified Welder: 5 years (Required)