Nuvance Health is currently seeking a Per Diem Home Health RN to join our team!
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Patient Services/Clinical Manager. Home Community population served based on the scope of services in the department.
- Provides care and services in accordance with the physician-ordered plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit, evaluates patient risk for preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care, makes revisions, and updates as necessary.
- Documents patient progression towards clinical goals for each patient, plans care conferences on his/her patients, and conducts discharge planning in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition. Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Coordinates services with interdisciplinary care team and makes appropriate referrals to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills when appropriate.
- Educates and empowers the patient and family/significant others for safe home management and discharge.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs, and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her care.
- Participates in onboarding other nursing personnel, peer reviews, and Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Valid NYS RN License
- Valid NYS Driver’s License (and proof of car insurance)
- BLS Certification
- Additional CPR Training as required
- 2+ years’ nursing experience
- Basic Computer EMR skills
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Part-time
- nursing: 2 years (Required)
- Basic Computer EMR : 1 year (Required)
- Poughkeepsie, NY (Required)
- BLS (Required)
- NYS Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Associates Degree in Nursing (Required)