The Senior Fund Accountant will take charge of the day-to-day accounting and reporting function for a subset the company’s real estate investment funds. In addition to accounting responsibilities, the Sr. Fund Accountant will assist the Fund Controllers with preparation of the quarterly investor reports, annual audit and debt compliance as well as the capital call/distribution process and ad hoc limited partner requests. The position offers the opportunity for professional growth and advancement as a Fund Controller.
ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
- Monthly close for all non-property entities within the Fund structure, including fair value
- Prepare distribution calculations and coordinate wire transfers
- Interpret legal documents, including partnership and lender agreements
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, investor reports and debt compliance packages
- Assist with completion of quarterly questionnaires and ad-hoc requests
- Provide annual audit support
- Create and update annual budgets/reforecasts
- Prepare investor notices for capital calls and distributions
- Maintain partner capital accounts
- Participate in department initiatives (e.g. automation, process improvement, SOP development)
- Generally support the Fund Controller as needed, including special projects
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS
This position will routinely interface with executive management, investment committee members, and various investors. Diplomacy, tact, and a professional presentation and attitude are required.
- 2 - 3 years minimum fund accounting experience, including working with institutional investors and auditors. Real estate experience preferred.
- BS in Accounting or related field. CPA preferred. MBA a plus.
- S. GAAP and investment accounting knowledge.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office. Yardi Voyager experience highly regarded.
- A strong and proven work ethic, an ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: