Fleet Production Analyst (Job Number: 2304069 )
The Fleet Production Analyst supports the Vehicle Supply department by working with our suppliers on a daily basis to mitigate delays and work through challenges to ensure the best possible production and delivery schedule. Being data focused and analyzing all information available will help to drive conversations with the supplier and ensure we are focused on the right things. This position will also be supporting our field associates by providing accurate updates and coordinating anything needing to be done or communicated back to the supplier on each unit (timing, status update, commentary, additional work, problem resolution etc.).
- Analyze scheduled production vs. requested production to identify gaps and resolve by investigating how the units were ordered vs. the supplier’s capacity and make recommendations to department leadership when unable to resolve at transaction level
- Exchanging data with suppliers and updating data and information to ensure we have the most up to date and accurate information
- Resolve issues from customer inquiries on units in production or transportation process in a timely manner
- Maintain slot capacity by contacting the OEMs and updating the database
- Support transportation needs by updating transportation systems, sending drivers out to pick up units from manufacturers and ensuring timely delivery to customers.
- Provide realistic expectations for production and delivery of trucks from the suppliers
- Act as a liaison between our field associates and our suppliers
- Work with suppliers to mitigate any delays or problems during the build and delivery of our equipment
- Facilitate conference calls/meetings with suppliers as needed
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience with data entry and ability to drive information from data required
- 3 to 5 years of transportation industry experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Must have clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- AS400 experience preferred
- Microsoft Access experience preferred
- Must have desire to learn and develop your skillsets
- Must have ability to work independently, in groups, and with Suppliers
- Professionalism a must (communication, attendance, conduct, etc.)
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
100 Kachel Boulevard 100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Sourcing/Procurement/Facilities
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Fleet Production Analyst
Req ID: 2304069