Position summary – Food and Brand Reputation Supply Chain Specialist
Full Time; Position requires 100% on-site travel at supplier and/or client locations
The Food Brand Reputation Team at LRA, a Deloitte business is a field-based team that is responsible for conducting both food safety and quality inspections for various clients with a focus on supply chain evaluations.
We are looking for motivated, ambitious individuals who are looking to travel and help grow our team on various food safety/service accounts. The Specialist will be evaluating and assisting client’s suppliers conducting the work in accordance with the client’s requirements.
In addition to their daily responsibilities, they must have excellent judgment, be well-spoken, and have the ability to have discussions with clients on business and program priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. At times, the Specialist may develop and deliver important summary presentations of evaluation findings to the client.
Work You'll Do:
- Lead and facilitate field examinations at different levels of the food supply chain to include but not limited to: manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.
- Evaluations include but are not limited to: Food Safety Risk Assessment, Food Fraud, Food Defense, Micro and Analytical testing and monitoring, Traceability, Documentation Control, Product Quality, Product Protection, Storage and Shipping, Control of non-conforming Product, Continuous Improvement and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- This position will conduct inspections of food facilities. This includes climbing and working within small areas. Must be able to use communication, relationship building, and coaching to drive quality improvement initiatives with manufacturing and distribution facilities.
- Recognize deficiencies and provide guidance, advice, and interpretation to manufacturing and distribution facilities for quality programs and issues.
- Be accountable for ensuring that all applicable laws and company policies for quality, sanitation, and food safety are met by the manufacturing or distribution facilities.
- Coordinate issue resolution relative to quality, food safety and sanitation issues identified within manufacturing plants and distribution centers.
- Provide coaching to suppliers during supplier audits.
- Understand client expectations and conduct food safety examinations to meet the unique expectations for each client.
- Produce accurate and consistent evaluations using real-time mobile reporting technology on an iPad.
- Apply food safety and quality industry operations experience to exercise high level of detail in evaluations.
- Follow LRA, a Deloitte business processes and procedures in regard to examination protocols and internal responsibility, take initiative in communicating areas of improvement with these processes by providing recommendations to the Senior Consultant / Account Administrator/ Leadership to improve training resource documents, tools and internal communication.
- Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with client personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge while at the client location. Represent the company in client meetings, participate/lead client programs, and interactions if requested.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls.
LRA, a Deloitte business is a leading global provider of Brand Protection and Customer Experience Measurement services for multinational companies with complex customer interactions. Our innovative brand standards field examinations, quality assurance inspections, mystery shopping programs, research, and consulting services have helped our clients provide consistent, memorable, and differentiated experiences to their customers. Many high-quality, global hospitality brands—as well as companies in the gaming, dining, healthcare, sports and entertainment, real estate, retail, and travel industries—choose LRA, a Deloitte business to help them measure and improve the customer experience.