We are hiring for MULTIPLE ELECTRICIANS WITH A CHEMICAL BACKGROUND for a POLYMER MANUFACTURING COMPANY located in Channelview, TX. This is a PERMANENT opportunity with the company!
This company was established 31 years ago and has never experienced a layoff. This company offers a full array of engineered products such as white and black Masterbatches, additive and color concentrates as well as specialty products that serve the rotomolding, pipe and film market segments.
- Must be comfortable with machines and have a mechanical background
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, worker that is able to work autonomously in a fast paced and often loud production environment.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures is required (e.g. lock out / tag out, high voltage electrical).
- PLC programming PLUS; Multiple platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC5, Control Logix, HMI, Siemens and Servo Drive programming and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify root causes (e.g. six sigma analysis) and propose and implement remedies.
- Ability to perform calibrations, installation and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and re-wire high speed and/or highly automated equipment such as AC/DC motors, VFDs, PLCs, servo motors, and PLC I/O modules.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office Excel proficiency as well as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience preferred.
- Experience in computer networking (routers, Ethernet, switches, etc.) preferred.
- Mechanical troubleshooting experience in high speed packaging and/or highly automated continuous process environment preferred.
- Ability to work off shifts (afternoons and midnights) and overtime as necessary. Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 year industrial electrical/programming experience or two-year technical degree strongly preferred.
- Certified REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years Electrician experience in an industrial manufacturing environment; chemical plant experience PLUS.
For internal use: electrician; chemical plant; electrical; journeyman; apprentice; master; millwright; mechanical
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrician: 5 years
- chemical plant: 1 year
- extruder: 1 year