- Public Speaking
- Product Demos
- Sales Experience
- Legal Research
The Librarian Relations Consultant is responsible for driving research revenue and positively impacting use, preference and advocacy within the assigned law firm accounts by understanding and communicating librarian client needs; training librarians on new and existing LexisNexis offerings; and generating leads for new products and content.
1. Develops relationships with librarians in the assigned law firm territory to meet or exceed all goals.
2. Uncovers and monitors the needs of the librarian marketplace through direct customer conversations, attending professional association meetings and reviewing librarian listservs and literature. Communicates the findings from these experiences to LN management and product planners in order to help the company address, meet and exceed customer needs and concerns.
3. Creates account plans to prioritize sales activities within the assigned territory. Account plans are designed in conjunction with the sales teams to ensure alignment with overall plans and are continually updated to meet the changing needs of the business.
4. Regularly communicates with the account sales team and other Specialists within the territory to understand account priorities, updated strategy and to share feedback.
5. Identifies and shares leads and sales opportunities with account sales team and others as applicable to assist with advancing and closing new sales.
6. Based on overall territory and account plans, acts as content expert to assist salesteam members in Research contract negotiations.
7. Promotes Lexis Advance, Newsdesk, and trains customers on other core products that are relevant for librarians. Delivers effective demonstrations and training, including articulating for the customer how the demo or training addresses their specific need(s). Leads meetings via phone, in person and/or via WebEx.
8. Responsible for working to resolve end-user issues related to core products. etc. Educates librarians about LexisNexis through public speaking activities, product demonstrations and represents LN at conferences and trade shows.
9. Utilizes all required processes, tools, systems sales metrics and reporting tools.
10. Identifies and understands LN solutions and associated product requirements. Employs appropriate sales skills to ask customers probing questions to identify and understand their needs; and addressing through product solutions.
11. Partners with account teams to assist with business reviews.
12. Meets or exceeds goals and key objectives.
1. Master’s degree in information or library science preferred
2. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the legal industry. Proficient user of online research services.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the professional law firm librarian marketplace.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed written, oral and presentation skills.
5. Strong probing skills that uncover customer needs, opportunities or problems, articulate concerns to LN contacts, and achieve problem resolution.
6. Strong matrix management skills, including the ability to work cooperatively within a team and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals.
7. Ability to build strong enduring relationships with internal and external customers and team members.
8. Demonstrated drive to sell/win, which includes overcoming obstacles to improve business results and performance levels to increase LN footprint in customer organizations.
9. Requires local or overnight business travel up to 30% per month.
10. Ability to lift or carry laptop and collateral sales materials of approximately 25 pounds.