Law360 is looking for a senior tax correspondent that will cover day-to-day news events, as well as generate regular analysis and feature pieces, of interest to our audience of tax attorneys, accountants, and policy professionals. The reporter will be expected to build sources, ask probing questions and explore interesting angles focused primarily on international tax issues.
- Pitch, source and write features and news analyses
- Produce daily news stories as needed
- Cover conferences and events where relevant professionals and government employees will be speaking
- Some travel (up to 20%) may be required
- Advanced degree in law or journalism
- 5+ year of paid, full-time reporting experience with a daily news publication or trade wire
- Demonstrated reporting, writing and organizational skills
- Exceptional news judgment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to build sources and regularly enterprise stories
- Must have experience covering international tax, accounting or public policy
Law360 offers extensive training on legal topics. Business or legal reporting experience is not required. However, professional reporting experience and strong writing and analytical skills are required to succeed in this job.
Law360 offices are located in NYC, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. We offer a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary.
Portfolio Media Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.