Converse was established in 1908 and is a brand with a deep connection to our consumers around the globe. We look to unleash their creative spirit by delivering compelling product and experiences. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Technology leader for Converse, you will be accountable for leading the definition and execution of technical capabilities for all sales channels enabling Converse to sell its goods globally in retailers all around the world. You will also be accountable for the Technology that is needed to enable consumer connections at retail and Converse.com, helping the Converse business meet and exceed its growth goals for our Brick and Mortar and Digital Commerce Channels globally. Partnering with technology vendors will be key to successful growth in all aspects of technology delivery and operations. Additionally, strong collaboration and partnership with Nike Technology teams will be an important leverage point for this leadership role.
Reporting directly to the Nike’s VP of Geo, Brand Marketing, Sales and Converse Technology and dotted line into the COO of Converse, you will be a member of both the Nike Technology and the Converse Operations leadership (COO of Converse) teams and will be the focal point for all technology solutions across all aspects of Converse’s business across the globe.
Your engagement will be across all aspects of the Technology lifecycle from strategy through new capability delivery to support of deployed solutions.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to bring a clear and demonstrated understanding of the technology industry current state and future trends as well as a proven track record of deploying and supporting technology in a retail and/or wholesale environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years direct relevant work experience (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of proven experience in developing and delivering technology strategies as a senior technology leader.
- Recent work experience with SAP and other ERP implementations.
- Recent work experience in managing the support of either a brick and mortar or Digital Commerce technology landscape is preferred
- Recent work experience with development, evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Proven ability to guide, influence and align a diverse set of stakeholders behind a technology strategy and plan.
- Recent work experience with establishing and managing commercial arrangements with providers of technology services or products
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, ambiguity, continuous change, stressful situations, and delivery within a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes and challenges in organizational strategy, priorities, direction.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience leading and growing a technology organization in support of company strategy.