Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for providing analytical, operational and clerical support to buyers to assist in planning and selecting a range of products to sell in our retail stores. The buying team sources new products and reviews existing items to ensure a proper product mix, balanced inventory and proper inventory flow, adhering to assigned financial targets and OTB (open to buy) plans. They must consider critical factors when making purchasing decisions, including customer demands, market trends, product availability, product flow, and pricing strategy. The assistant buyer plays a critical role in supporting the success of the buying team
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Write, place and track purchase orders.
- Partner with buyers in completing all marketing requests.
- Organize and maintain current and accurate assortment of product samples.
- Complete all necessary date changes.
- Support buyers in maintenance of bulk position, providing a weekly review of fast and slow selling items, broken sizes and liquidation opportunities.
- Execute cancellation of all small/broken pairs.
- Set up and classification of all new styles.
- Partner with buyer to maintain and update assortment sheets
- Upload all initial pricing, price changes and markdowns.
- Support DMM in updating weekly reporting and offering assessment of identified risks and opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with ease, set appropriate priorities, and manage time effectively while paying strict attention to detail
- Strong integration skills, with the ability to coordinate all aspects of project
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to present technical information in a non-technical fashion
- Ability to identify issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems, and manage issue escalation effectively
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
Location: 1240 Rosecrans Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Job Type: Full-time