Why do you work? Is it to make a difference? Arizona Center for Cancer Care, one of the largest multi-specialty oncology practices in Arizona, has an opportunity for an New Patient Coordinator/Schedulerto join its dynamic Division of Medical Oncology.
Promotes a professional practice image by the efficient performance of a variety of business and clerical related tasks designed to facilitate the smooth flow of patients and work throughout the organization. Registers new patients into Epic EMR in a prompt and courteous manner, schedules all new patient appointments in according to scheduling protocol, and provides high quality patient relations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year work experience with scheduling medical office appointments
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Completion of a recognized medical secretarial program preferred
- Word processing and computer experience required
- Answer Multi-line phones
- Good organizational skills
- Must have the ability to deal with confidential information concerning patient diagnosis and medical records
- Registers new patients into Practice Management in a prompt and courteous manner, schedules all new patient appointments in EMR according to scheduling protocol
- Receives new patient referrals and performs initial call to register and schedule patient
- Registers patient with the following information: demographic information of caller: name, DOB, telephone number, referring provider, insurance/policy/#, and other pertinent information
- New patient medical record request
- Once the patient is scheduled, new patient coordinators will fax a release of medical records request to referring physician’s office and scan the request intoEPIC.
- Once release of medical records is sent, new patient coordinators will send a task to EMR/medical records team to follow up on release of medical record request
- Understanding the insurance plans of HMOs, IPAs and PPOs
- All faxed referrals should be contacted by new patient coordinators at the end of the business day. If all medical records are sent with faxed referrals, the new patient coordinators will enter pertinent ICD10 diagnosis.
- Answers telephone calls in a polite and professional manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by the office manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Office Scheduling: 1 year
- High school or equivalent