H-E-B Job Title Stock Controller
Minimum Salary 15.5 Midpoint Salary 16.2
Shift Variable Hours
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Unposting Date Jul 30, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
We can't sell anything without you and your team! H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while treating our Customers to excellent service.
As a Stock Controller, you'll lead and provision a well-stocked and well-maintained department while providing superior customer service. You'll perform supervisory responsibilities, such as assisting with work scheduling, and training and developing Partners. The Stock Controller role gives you the opportunity to learn about multiple products and departments across the total store, along with leading a team, a building block to many other jobs, making a career for you at H-E-B.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure Customers and Partners come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive and optimism to motivate your team through difficult situations?
We are looking for:
- experience stocking and in customer service (leading an overnight team a plus)
- strong communication skills
- high energy level and stamina; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- someone who enjoys working overnight shifts, and thrives working with others
- an adaptable mindset-willingness to remain flexible to the unexpected, but okay with structure and consistency as well
What is the work?
Management / Training:
- Carries the leadership baton in absence of the Department Manager; works nights or opposite shift of Manager
- Leads the overnight stocking team to include delegating and directing work, motivating Partners; holds team accountable for meeting expectations; manages conflict or escalates to appropriate Leader
- Communicates the -state of the team- (performance, operations, morale, department needs, inventory) to Department Manager and Leader; may provide formal input on Partner performance
- Coaches / develops Partners; assists with new hire onboarding and training
- Gives input on writing schedules; reports out on overnight time and attendance
- Leads the team to deliver key results (e.g., A+ Standards, labor, OT, hospitality)
- Uses technology and data to manage inventory and in-stocks
- Complies with departmental SOPs and store operating procedures; ensures other Partners comply
- Ensures compliance with inventory management SOPs and processes (e.g., MSI / MSR/ scan full case backstock)
- Leads to / trains on 100% in-stocks, rotation, and fully-filled displays
- Communicates with DSD vendors
- Loads, unloads, and moves heavy, bulky products
- Will perform Night Stocker duties
- Provides excellent customer service; models / coaches on superior customer service and hospitality
- Answers customer questions regarding products; assists them with selections; addresses complaints; resolves problems
- Merchandises products effectively
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- 3+ months of stocking or customer service experience
- Experience leading an overnight team, or large teams in other areas of the business (preferred)
- Completion of forklift / power jack training
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Stock Controller?
- Understanding of technology
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with team, including verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work overnight schedules
- Ability to operate pallet jack / baler
- bility to work well with others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and delegate as work changes
- Ability to anticipate change and plan forexecution accordingly
- Ability to remain adaptable and help others through change
- Motivation to grow and learn with the company
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Perform the following, based on your department
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk, bend
- Occasionally reach at overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, climb stairs, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to cold, loud noise, ambient temperatures, and wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 50 lbs, and manage in excess of 100 lbs**
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk
- Occasionally reach at overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, climb stairs, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Occasionally be exposed to loud noise, ambient temperatures, and wet conditions
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 66 lbs, and manage in excess of 50 lbs**
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as-Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.