Hino Title: Entry LevelStaff Attorney
Market Title: Entry Level Staff Attorney
Hino Motors Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hino Motors, Ltd. (Japan) and a Toyota Group Company, is seeking an Entry Level Staff Attorney for its headquarters located in Novi, MI. Hino offers a competitive wage and benefits package.
The Entry Level Staff Attorney will support the general counsel, managing legal counsel, and department team members by performing a broad range of legal support on various legal matters pertaining to the organization, including administrative functions.
· Assist with a range of transactional matters, including the research, reviewing, and drafting of commercial contracts consistent with applicable laws and regulations such as confidentiality agreements, leases, and numerous service agreements;
· Assist on a variety of commercial business matters as needed;
· Provide legal advice and support on variety of corporate compliance matters, including reviewing current corporate policies and programs and redrafting, if necessary, to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and legal requirements;
· Support others in the Legal Department in providing guidance regarding applicable laws and regulations.
· Miscellaneous duties assigned by and in support of the Legal Department, such as assisting in preparing budget information, reports, processing invoices, attending meetings and preparing minutes; overall support with a workload in a fast-paced environment and other administrative functions.
· Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and admitted to practice in good standing in Michigan or the ability to obtain membership in a reasonable amount of time;
· Absence of negative disciplinary history concerning law license;
· 0-3 years of practice experience with a reputable law firm or as an in-house counsel;
· Pragmatic business sense with the ability to recognize commercial implications of legal advice;
· Ability to review, research, analyze and draft commercial agreements and similar transactional documents;
· Sufficient knowledge to interpret and apply the law to complex business situations;
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact positively with all levels of management across all areas of the company and externally;
· Adaptable to changing conditions and internal client requirements;
· Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
· Travel will be infrequent with this Position may require moving equipment up to 10 pounds
· Position does not allow telecommuting and employee must be present in the office
· Position requires sitting stationary 90% of the time
Job Type: Full-time