We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a terrific opportunity to fast track your career. The Valley of the Sun YMCA is one of the top 50 YMCA associations in the United States that has transformed its culture, vision and operations in the last 18 months. With 15 branches in Phoenix, Yuma and Flagstaff along with a thriving overnight camp in Prescott. The Valley of the Sun YMCA is destined for growth in 2019. Join a $31 million dollar cause-driven organization that is focused on improving the nation's health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
1. Develops, implements, and manages the financial plan of the branch.
2. Directs strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
3. Develops, directs, and monitors high quality programs which support branch and association mission, goals, and strategies.
4. Develops, directs, and monitors high quality services for YMCA members.
5. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, schools, and governmental entities, including Arizona Department of Health Services and Arizona Department of Economic Security.
6. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment including all off-site locations.
7. Directs branch marketing and communication efforts including that of character development.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
1. Bachelor's degree in marketing, education, recreation or equivalent preferred.
2. Five or more years of related experience in supervision, membership marketing, financial management, fundraising and community program development.
3. Experience with computers including word processing and database software.
4. Ability to direct the total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
5. Ability to work effectively with people.
6. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
7. YMCA Senior Director experience and certification preferred.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- Excellent Health Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance • Free YMCA Family Membership • Program Discounts • Paid Vacation & Sick Leave (once accrued) • Professional Development Opportunities & Trainings • Employee and Employer Retirement Contribution Options (eligibility required) • Employee Assistant Program