Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
CERTIFIED HOME HEALTH AIDE (CHHA) & CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (CNA)
NATURE OF WORK: Assists with hands-on client care in accordance with the initial plan of care and assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the Director.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT: Must have completed the 8th grade of education and speak, read and write the English language. Will be required to pass an OSBI criminal investigation for felony conviction prior to a position being offered. Must provide copy of Certified Home Health Aide license issued from the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Â Preference will be made to experience in hospital, nursing home or home care.
Moderate to heavy physical activity required, including possible lifting and turning of adult clients. Must have a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, maintain valid auto liability insurance, and be able to drive throughout service area under variety of weather conditions. Visual and auditory acuity required. Contact with a variety of housing conditions required.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and Duties
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with hands-on client care in accordance with the plan of care and assists in
maintaining a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
2.Provide clients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, automobiles, with
dressing, grooming and all other personal care.
3.Care for clients by changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with light housekeeping.
4.Provide medication reminders.
5. Maintain records of client care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor.
6.Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to clients according to the clients dietary needs.
7. Reports hours worked each week to Director / Administrator
8.Documents work performed for each client and submits time records in a timely manner.
9. Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the client.
10. Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to clients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
11. Accompany clients to doctors offices or on other trips outside the home, providing
transportation, assistance, and caring companionship.
12. Direct clients in simple physical exercises.
13. Provide clients and families with emotional support.
14. Organize in-coming / out going mail and assisting with paying personal bills such as help
reading a bill or check writing.
15.Transportation to doctors, public activities, errands and other appointments.
16.Participate in training and education on an ongoing basis. This includes classroom in- service and situation specific training.
17. Adhere to staffing schedules to assure client needs are met.
18. Completes assignments and duties in a timely matter for each client.
19.Â Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire.
20. Promotes the mission of Care Plus Home Care.
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed above, nor do the listed examples include all tasks, duties, or responsibilities that may be found in positions of this classification.)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.50 /hour